Telday/ TeldayPlus are used for:
Treating high blood pressure. It may be used alone or with other medicines. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Telmisartan/amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker and angiotensin II receptor blocker combination. It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Do NOT use Telday/ Teldayplus if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in telmisartan/amlodipine
- you are pregnant
- you are taking a medicine that contains aliskiren and you also have diabetes or kidney problems. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure if a medicine you take contains aliskiren
- you are taking ramipril
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Telday/TeldayPlus :
Some medical conditions may interact with telmisartan/amlodipine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are able to become pregnant
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of angioedema (eg, swelling of the hands, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty swallowing or breathing; hoarseness), including angioedema caused by treatment with another angiotensin II receptor blocker (eg, losartan) or an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor (eg, lisinopril)
- if you are dehydrated; have low blood volume, low blood sodium levels, or high blood potassium levels; or are on a low-salt (sodium) diet
- if you have a history of gallbladder or liver problems, kidney problems (eg, renal artery stenosis), low blood pressure, blood vessel problems, stroke, diabetes, swelling or fluid retention, or heart problems (eg, heart attack, heart failure, angina, narrowing of heart blood vessels)
- if you are on dialysis or are scheduled to have surgery
- if you are taking another medicine for blood pressure or heart problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with telmisartan/amlodipine. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood pressure may be increased
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, celecoxib, ibuprofen, indomethacin) because the risk of kidney problems may be increased and they may decrease telmisartan/amlodipine’s effectiveness
- Potassium-sparing diuretics (eg, triamterene) or potassium supplements because the risk of high blood potassium levels may be increased
- ACE inhibitors (eg, lisinopril, ramipril) or aliskiren because the risk of certain side effects (eg, kidney problems, high blood potassium levels, low blood pressure) may be increased
- Azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), cobicistat, conivaptan, diltiazem, macrolide antibiotics (eg, clarithromycin), or protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, telaprevir) because they may increase the risk of telmisartan/amlodipine’s side effects
- Cyclosporine, digoxin, lithium, simvastatin, or tacrolimus because the risk of their side effects may be increased by telmisartan/amlodipine
- Carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), phenobarbital, primidone, rifamycins (eg, rifampin), or St. John’s wort because they may decrease telmisartan/amlodipine’s effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if telmisartan/amlodipine may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Telday/TeldayPlus :
Use telmisartan/amlodipine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with telmisartan/amlodipine. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take telmisartan/amlodipine by mouth with or without food.
- If telmisartan/amlodipine comes in a blister pack, do not take a tablet out of the blister until you are ready to take telmisartan/amlodipine. To remove a tablet from the blister, peel the paper layer away from the foil, then push the tablet through the foil.
- You will need to take care not to become dehydrated while you are taking telmisartan/amlodipine. Dehydration may increase your risk of low blood pressure. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about avoiding dehydration.
- Be sure to drink enough liquids while you are taking telmisartan/amlodipine. If you do not, you may become dehydrated, which may increase your risk of low blood pressure. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Take telmisartan/amlodipine on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking telmisartan/amlodipine at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take telmisartan/amlodipine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of telmisartan/amlodipine, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use telmisartan/amlodipine.
Important safety information:
- Telmisartan/amlodipine may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use telmisartan/amlodipine with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Telmisartan/amlodipine may cause dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- It may take up to 4 weeks to get the full benefit from telmisartan/amlodipine. Do not stop using telmisartan/amlodipine or change your dose of telmisartan/amlodipine without checking with your doctor.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel “normal.” Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- If you have high blood pressure, do not use nonprescription products that contain stimulants. These products may include diet pills or cold medicines. Contact your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Check with your doctor before you use a salt substitute or a product that has potassium in it.
- If vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive sweating occur, you will need to take care not to become dehydrated. This could increase your risk for low blood pressure. Contact your doctor for instructions.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take telmisartan/amlodipine before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Although rare, a component of telmisartan/amlodipine (amlodipine) has been known to increase chest pain and increase the risk of a heart attack, mainly in patients with severe heart disease.
- Lab tests, including blood pressure, liver and kidney function, and blood electrolyte levels, may be performed while you use telmisartan/amlodipine. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use telmisartan/amlodipine with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Telmisartan/amlodipine should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Telmisartan/amlodipine may cause birth defects, or fetal or newborn death if you take it while you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking telmisartan/amlodipine.
Possible side effects of Telday/TeldayPlus :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; flushing of the face and neck; headache; mild back pain; mild sore throat; nausea; stomach pain; tiredness.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of telmisartan/amlodipine:
Store telmisartan/amlodipine between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep telmisartan/amlodipine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about telmisartan/amlodipine, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Telmisartan/amlodipine is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take telmisartan/amlodipine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about telmisartan/amlodipine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to telmisartan/amlodipine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using telmisartan/amlodipine.